Warming up is one aspect of training that is overlooked the most. Proper warmup should be an integral part of your training routine owing to the following reasons:
A proper warm up:
- Helps to raise body's core temperature.
- Prepares the joints by raising synovial fluid found in them.
- Helps to arouse the CNS, prepare it for the on-slaught of a strenuous workout
- Causes tiny metabolic adjustments. These are crucial for physical training.
- Raises heart rate and breathing rate which in turn improves oxygen transfer and transfer of nutrients to the parts of the body where they are required (E.g. muscles, tissues)